Monday, August 16, 2004

my oasis...

tonight i sever my ties with reality. i sever my ties with all of the outside world, save a select few, and create my own little oasis, one where anyhting i can imagine can be. an oasis where i can never get hurt, one where nobody gets hurts ever again, cuz i'm so sick of it...

i'm so sick of hurting people i love, so sick of tearing apart lives of people who deserve better... so sick of feeling the need to improve myself for others, so sick of myself... i'm sick of feeling like this, like there is something out there, but of course there never will be.... i'm so tired of trying to make everyone else work, while i fall apart before their eyes... and yet i can't help it...

i can't help but sacrifice my every last ounce of strength to help that one last person be happy again. i can't help but sacrifice everything i hold on to, so that someone else can have hope themselves. i can't help but lead myself on to things that i know will never exsist, but still take form before my eyes... and nobody is there.

nobody is there to fix me, when i'm so blatantly breaking down. nobody is here, to rescue me, as i drown in this abyss, this endless pit of confusion mixed with the tar of fear. nobody wants to rescue someone who can't rescue himself... why should they? nobody is there to take away my demons when they plague my mind. nobody is there to respond to the pleading calls which i make from within my soul.... i must escape...

i need to escape to my oasis, my safe haven, made for myself alone. to escape to a place where pain does not exsist, a place where anything can happen and everyone who i imagine is happy and free. to escape to a place where heartbreak is a word of the past, and love an idea of the future...it's obvious nobody here is right for me, so what better thing to do than to create a place where everyone is how i want them to be, and i need not fret with the obstacles of life...

it's my oasis, my life apart from this, my happiness apart from insanity... my oasis, my love, my hope, my desire, all bottled up into a single idea, made for me alone. my oasis, a place where skies are always blue, and pain is never felt, where birds sing songs of joy, and unhappiness is forgotten.

i'm afraid of being here alone... so utterly afraid... but what can one do? nothing at all but look onward, in the eyes of progress, as they say...

i'll look onward, at your world... from the window of my oasis...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home