Sunday, October 31, 2004

running away from reality...

i'm but a teenager, but i feel as if i'm a weathered man. i feel that life has taken it's toll on me and has made me broken, beaten, and blinded... i feel that no matter what i do, nothing will ever be right, and no matter how i try, i won't ever be me again...

i hastily run from reality, into the arms of someone who i only wish would hold me tight forever, and although she has made her answer clear, i still try to find solace in her embrace. only now, it's so hard to enjoy what i know isn't mine. sometimes i need a day to run away, to just hide and be alone, and sometimes i find myself screaming for someone to save me. now i just feel empty...

DREAMING OF YOU
tears stream down my face, as i type the words to my soul,
my fingers can't keep up, and my heart is losing control,
my eyes are clenched tight, as i'm ripping at the seams,
my mouth is open wide, but no one can hear my screams,

my mind is going numb, as i breath the evening air,
and my life is leaving slowly, as i sink into despair,
i feel my body float away, towards the moonlit sky,
and i leave this world of sorrow, without ever saying goodbye,

i enter a place full of light, as if next to the morning sun,
and i see your face shining bright, and i feel that all is done,
i feel so complete and full, i'm bubbling with renewed life,
and god has taken all my pain, relieved me of my strife,

and suddenly i'm dragged back down, into a dark room of sadness,
and i realize it was all a dream, and i'm still held within this madness,
tears are streaming down my face, as i try to recount this amazing dream,
and my mouth is open wide, but no one can hear my screams...


maybe someday someone will hear me....

"once you leave neverland, you forget how to fly..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home